VP of Marketing
We’re [company name]. We’re thought leaders and history makers – we make achieving the impossible look easy. We’re a diverse group, spread across the globe, who are united by a shared set of values and goals. We’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams for the betterment of our company.
We’re looking for a Vice President of Marketing who will be responsible for developing and executing the global marketing strategy for [company name]. As VP of Marketing, you’ll gather customer, competitor, and market intelligence to support new product development and own the development and execution of a cutting-edge marketing strategy. Reporting to the CEO and in close collaboration with sales, product development, and other functions, you’ll drive the market intelligence process that identifies trends that indicate the need for new or changing products and services. If you love inspiring your team’s creativity and leveraging data to make decisions, this might be the job for you. Our mission at [company name] is to unlock the potential of human relationships – by creating tools that simplify and increase the efficiency of developing and managing relationships. We strive to fulfill our mission with grace, courtesy, and humor.
- Developing and executing the strategic commercial marketing plan in support of the overall strategy, optimizing the development of products and services
- Utilizing market and customer knowledge, leading a team of R&D experts to develop/modify new or existing products. Work cross-functionally as needed to develop and bring new products/services to market.
- Leading and coaching the Marketing Communications Team, including Director and Product Manager levels. Manage the day to day activities of the department including but not limited to: performance management, goal setting, career development, hiring/firing, etc.
- Leading the Marketing Communication Team to develop and execute effective marketing strategies across multiple communication channels such as trade shows, marketing collateral, and electronic media such as Twitter, YouTube etc. Drive consistency of message across the business segment.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience
- 7+ years of direct management experience with demonstrated success leading and motivating teams as well as managing cross-functional teams
- Must possess a digital portfolio demonstrating marketing work
Nice to have
- Master’s degree in Business or related area
- Strong branding and reputation management skills
[company name] provides employees with free snacks and drinks in each of our three kitchens and weekly catered lunches. We understand that sometimes you work more effectively in an open space that encourages collaboration but other times you need a quiet space, and that is why we have a versatile work space and encourage you to work offsite as needed.
An essential function of this position includes the ability to travel, both nationally and internationally (approximately 40%). Evening and weekend hours are a part of this position’s responsibilities.
Working at [company name]
[company name] has a collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. [company name] also wants to improve the communities our employees call home, so we encourage employees to spend 5 days each year volunteering in their community.
Compensation & Benefits
At [company name], we offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. [company name] provides company-paid medical insurance for all employees (and largely subsidized coverage for families), dental, vision, and 401K with a 5% company contribution. We also have an onsite fitness center and childcare center. This is a full-time, salaried position located in New York, NY. Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Want to learn more?
Learn everything you need to know about a career as a VP of Marketing.