Sales Development Representative (SDR)
We’re [company name]. We’re thought leaders and history makers – we make achieving the impossible look easy. We’re a diverse group, spread across the globe, who are united by a shared set of values and goals. We’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams for the betterment of our company.
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to help build and maintain our sales pipeline and to help our cross-functional team work smarter. Reporting to the Sales Development Manager and collaborating closely with our Marketing Team, you’ll source, drive, and build relationships with prospects across key B2B verticals (education or healthcare). If you’re looking for a diverse company with a fun culture and the opportunity to develop as a professional, this might be the job for you. Our mission at [company name] is to unlock the potential of human relationships – by creating tools that simplify and increase the efficiency of developing and managing relationships. We strive to fulfill our mission with grace, courtesy, and humor.
- Sourcing new sales prospects and reaching out to them to book appointments for product demonstrations
- Reaching out to leads captured and nurtured by the Marketing Team to book demonstrations
- Providing feedback to Marketing Team regarding quality of marketing-sourced leads
- Clearly communicating [company name]’s value propositions to prospects and learning about their needs to see if there’s a good fit
- Providing support to Account Executive team as needed
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related area
- 6 months to 2 years of relevant business development experience
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results
- Able to think strategically and tactically. Able to maintain a positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection, or failure
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership in the education or healthcare industries
- In-depth experience collaborating with and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Nice to have
- Master’s degree in Business or a related area
- Demonstrated experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align with business incentives with great user experiences.
[company name] provides employees with free snacks and drinks in each of our three kitchens and weekly catered lunches. We understand that sometimes you work more effectively in an open space that encourages collaboration but other times you need a quiet space, and that is why we have a versatile work space and encourage you to work offsite as needed.
Working at [company name]
[company name] has a collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. [company name] also wants to improve the communities our employees call home, so we encourage employees to spend 5 days each year volunteering in their community.
Compensation & Benefits
At [company name] we offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. [company name] provides company paid for medical insurance for all employees (and largely subsidized coverage for families), dental, vision, and 401K with a 5% company contribution. We also have an onsite fitness center and childcare center. This is a full-time, salaried position located in New York, NY. Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Want to learn more?
Learn everything you need to know about a career as a Sales Development Representative.