Product Marketing Manager
We’re [company name]. We’re thought leaders and history makers – we make achieving the impossible look easy. We’re a diverse group, spread across the globe, who are united by a shared set of values and goals. We’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams for the betterment of our company.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for telling the world (and company) the story of our product. You’ll be our chief advocate for a specific product and its benefits, and will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for new launches. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and working with cross-functional teams, you’ll be the expert on our buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. If you’re looking for a diverse company with a fun culture and are a natural storyteller who loves using data to drive strategy, this might be the job for you. Our mission at [company name] is to unlock the potential of human relationships – by creating tools that simplify and increase the efficiency of developing and managing relationships. We strive to fulfill our mission with grace, courtesy, and humor.
- Owning the management of product positioning and messaging: develop and maintain differentiated positioning and messaging for the products and solutions in your segment. Understanding and documenting key business and technical benefits for buyers.
- Sales enablement: communicating the value proposition of the products in your segment to the Sales Team and developing sales tools that support the selling process of your products. This includes externally facing content such as PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and data sheets, as well as internally facing content such as competitor cheat sheets and other training materials.
- Marketing Intelligence: developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of industry trends, competitor capabilities, and customer needs in your market segment. Be the expert on your buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria, and be the expert on your competition and how to crush them. Share relevant information with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing Teams.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of SaaS marketing experience
- Excellent people and management skills to work effectively with Marketing Team members and lead cross-functional teams in a matrix management arrangement
- Must possess a digital portfolio demonstrating critical thinking and ability to use data to craft tools for the Sales’ Team
Nice to have
- Master’s degree in Business or a related area
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to turn data into decisions
[company name] provides employees with free snacks and drinks in each of our three kitchens and weekly catered lunches. We understand that sometimes you work more effectively in an open space that encourages collaboration but other times you need a quiet space, and that is why we have a versatile work space and encourage you to work offsite as needed.
Working at [company name]
[company name] has a collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. [company name] also wants to improve the communities our employees call home, so we encourage employees to spend 5 days each year volunteering in their community.
Compensation & Benefits
At [company name], we offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. [company name] provides company-paid medical insurance for all employees (and largely subsidized coverage for families), dental, vision, and 401K with a 5% company contribution. We also have an onsite fitness center and childcare center. This is a full-time, salaried position located in New York, NY. Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not provided for this position.