Director of Sales
We’re [company name]. We’re thought leaders and history makers – we make achieving the impossible look easy. We’re a diverse group, spread across the globe who are united by a shared set of values and goals. We’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams for the betterment of our company.
We’re looking for a Director of Sales with extensive knowledge and contacts in the SaaS industry. You’ll oversee all areas of selling to ensure corporate and market goals are met by the sales team. You’ll coach and motivate sales leaders; collaborate and lead cross-functional teams to ensure success of critical projects; and identify opportunities for continued process improvement. Your primary goal as Director of Sales at [company name] is to provide the Sales Team with the coaching and direction they need to continually develop as sales professionals while providing the Vice President of Global Sales information and data she needs to optimize the overall growth strategy for [company name]. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Sales and collaborating closely with our Marketing Team you will be the heart of the [company name] Sales Team. If you’re looking for a diverse company with a fun culture and the opportunity to develop as a professional, this might be the job for you. Our mission at [company name] is to unlock the potential of human relationships – by creating tools that simplify and increase the efficiency of developing and managing relationships. We strive to fulfill our mission with grace, courtesy, and humor.
- Coaching and managing Sales Team to ensure continued professional development and consistent success
- Developing a professional development program that not only provides continued development opportunities for existing members of the Sales Team but provides a strong foundation for new member of the Sales Team to launch their career with [company name]
- Collaborating across regions and functions to drive critical initiatives to success
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty – you’ll always be working with at least one prospect so that you can use your experiences as case studies for coaching
What you should have
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in sales operations, management consulting, product management or equivalent experience in a technology/media company
- Demonstrated success in developing, motivating and managing sales teams to optimal performance
- An understanding and experience working with a company that has revenue and reputation goals
- Strategic consulting, sales support and market research experience
Nice to have
- 5+ years experience at a SaaS company
- 3+ years experience of sales leadership experience
- Experience with Salesforce
[company name] provides employees with free snacks and drinks in each of our three kitchens and weekly catered lunches. We understand that sometimes you work more effectively in an open space that encourages collaboration but other times you need a quiet space, and that is why we have a versatile work space and encourage you to work offsite as needed.
An essential function of this position includes the ability to travel, both nationally and internationally (approximately 40%). Evening and weekend hours are a part of this position’s responsibilities.
Working at [company name]
[company name] has a collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. [company name] also wants to improve the communities our employees call home, so we encourage employees to spend 5 days each year volunteering in their community.
Compensation & Benefits
At [company name] we offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. [company name] provides company paid for medical insurance for all employees (and largely subsidized coverage for families), dental, vision, and 401K with a 5% company contribution. We also have an onsite fitness center and childcare center. This is a full-time, salaried position located in New York, NY. Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Want to learn more?
Learn everything you need to know about a career as a Director of Sales.