Account Executive (AE)
We’re [company name]. We’re thought leaders and history makers – we make achieving the impossible look easy. We’re a diverse group, spread across the globe who are united by a shared set of values and goals. We’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams for the betterment of our company.
We’re looking for an Account Executive with extensive knowledge and contacts in the SaaS industry. You’ll negotiate contracts for products and services offered by [company name] ensuring mutual satisfaction – your primary goal as an Account Executive at [company name] is not closing a single contract but promoting and ensuring a positive client experience and facilitating a long-lasting relationship. To do this, you’ll become an invaluable resource to [company name]’s (healthcare or education) customers, you’ll communicate directly with clients and prospects, understand their individual needs, and recommend products and services that will help them to fulfill their respective missions. Reporting to the Sales Manager and collaborating closely with our Marketing Team, you’ll be the heart of the [company name] Sales Team. If you’re looking for a diverse company with a fun culture and the opportunity to develop as a professional, this might be the job for you. Our mission at [company name] is to unlock the potential of human relationships – by creating tools that simplify and increase the efficiency of developing and managing relationships. We strive to fulfill our mission with grace, courtesy, and humor.
- Serving as primary contact for prospects from Opportunity status to Closed status
- Creating and presenting tailored demonstrations that show how [company name]’s products and services solve our customers’ problems and increase their efficiency
- Clearly communicating [company name]’s value propositions to prospects and learning about their needs
- Handling objections and negotiating price to get deals on the table and bring them across the finish line
- Providing outstanding support for prospects by learning about their needs and exceeding their expectations
- Making cold calls and reaching out to prospects on a daily basis
- Following-up with prospects, regularly, throughout the sales cycle to ensure that their needs are being met and expectations are surpassed
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to consistently improving the [company name]’s customer experience
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area
- 2+ years of relevant Account Executive experience at a SaaS company
- Demonstrated track record of providing outstanding prospect experience and consistently exceeding expectations to not only close deals but to facilitate a long-lasting relationship with [company name]
- Experience leveraging current relationships to identify prospects and then creating presentations that demonstrate how [company name]’s products and services will solve our customers’ problems and increase their team’s efficiency
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of [company name]’s products and services as well as industry trends, especially in education and healthcare
- In-depth experience collaborating with and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc.)
Nice to have
- Master’s degree in Business or related area
- Demonstrated experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align with business incentives with great user experiences
[company name] provides employees with free snacks and drinks in each of our three kitchens and weekly catered lunches. We understand that sometimes you work more effectively in an open space that encourages collaboration but other times you need a quiet space, and that is why we have a versatile work space and encourage you to work offsite as needed.
Working at [company name]
[company name] has a collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial thinking. [company name] also wants to improve the communities our employees call home, so we encourage employees to spend 5 days each year volunteering in their community.
Compensation & Benefits
At [company name] we offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer outstanding benefits to simplify the lives of our employees and show them how much we appreciate their contributions. [company name] provides company paid for medical insurance for all employees (and largely subsidized coverage for families), dental, vision, and 401K with a 5% company contribution. We also have an onsite fitness center and childcare center. This is a full-time, salaried position located in New York, NY. Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Want to learn more?
Learn everything you need to know about a career as a Account Executive.