The new year is upon us, and it is time to put our New Year’s resolutions in motion. What’s yours? I bet you can guess at least 5 of the top 10 most common New Year’s resolutions:
- Eating healthier
- Drinking less
- Spending money more carefully
- Exercising more often,
- And … making a career move?
Why is the beginning of the year a perfect time for a new job? Let’s take a look.
At the beginning of the year…
- Budgets start over and people are hiring: Companies have new goals (revenue, product, or otherwise) that are bigger and better than ever. They need people to start contributing to that new goal immediately. Even better, they have not spent their hiring budget yet, so it’s a perfect time to ask for more money in a job offer – and get more.
- You are hitting your personal reset button and are able to align your new year’s resolutions with a company whose values actually match yours. Instead of working til 8pm every night while your kids get put to bed, or reporting to a manager whose door is always closed, find a company that matches your personality. Determine what’s important to you about your job – then find a company who matches those values.
- New year, new energy. Often times, managers and leaders of an organization have taken time off to relax and enjoy family and friends. They come to the new year ready to rock, feeling refreshed and determined. It’s a perfect time to bring your A-game and join their good energy about tackling new goals in a new year.
- Increasing goals mean growing companies. If a company hit their goals the previous year, they often stretch the goals even further the next year, and this means more people and more resources. If a company did not hit their goals last year, they are well aware their current team is not enough, and it’s time to bring in additional people.
Overall, the New Year is a perfect time to step back and reflect on your personal values. Make changes to make you and those around you happier. Whether it’s a new hobby or a new job, take the opportunity to improve yourself and your happiness. If you are ready to make a career move, reach out to Betts Recruiting and see what innovative companies are growing today.
Stephanie Wood is a New Business Manager at Betts Recruiting and one of the more senior employees at Betts Recruiting. She is the point of contact at Betts for new companies looking to hire sales or marketing. Her role in the company is to give a new hiring manager an idea of the candidate market, help streamline a plan for hiring, and initiate the process with the recruiting team at Betts. If you are looking to utilize Betts Recruiting for your hiring needs, you can reach Stephanie at Stephanie@BettsRecruiting.com or 415-318-7404.