We had a killer line-up of speakers – Charlie Weijer with Informatica, Kieran Carrick with DataHug, Jamie White with Youth Nation and Mark Stoddard with Hubspot -and a full room of sales professionals.
With the end of quarter behind us, it’s a perfect time to reflect on the tips shared at the event and start putting them into practice now.
How to Hack the Sales Cycle Tips:
- Get your lead qualification down to a science. Good sales people are pretty sure that they’re talking to the decision maker, that they have the money, that they need the product and they are ready to purchase. Great sales people know it
- Under-promise and over-deliver
- Put your prospects on an agreed timeline – and then actually stick to it
- Stop closing and start helping – if you’re doing it correctly, your customers should be closing you
- Get good at recognizing a bad client
- Your sales process should be structured for repeated success and measurability
- Find your unique experience that gives you an unfair advantage over the competition
- Make the month count – start thinking in terms of 12 quarters, not 4
- At the end of every sale, ask your customer why they bought from you. If you did not get the deal, ask why!
- Put your customer first, always
- Start specializing your teams – let your closers close and your best prospectors prospect